2. Information about uswww.AtTheLit.org is a website operated by The Literary Institute Cultural Community Hub (t/a ‘@ the Lit’) (“We”); we are a Charity currently going through the process of registering as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) in England and Wales with the Charity Commission.
4. Intellectual property rightsWe are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) must always be acknowledged as the authors of material on our site. You must not use any part of the materials or content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
5. No reliance on informationThe content and materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to or constitute professional advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content or materials on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content and materials on our site are accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
7. Contributions to our siteIf we ever provide a feature that allows you to contribute your opinions or other information to our site, you must ensure that they are accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted. Particularly, but without limitation, your contributions must not contain any material which is defamatory of any person; contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; promote any illegal activity; or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. Anything you contribute will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that your contribution constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
8. VirusesWe do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your computer, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
9. Linking to our siteYou may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page, without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
12. Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
13. Contact us